Won't start.

Heb je schakelproblemen of een ander probleem waar je niet uitkomt? Post hem dan hier. Zodra de oplossing bekend is verplaatsen de mod's hem naar de bekende problemen.
Plaats reactie
jaffa
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend
Echte naam: R
Autotype: VW Lupo 1.2TDI
Kilometerstand: 000.000km
Brandstof: Normale diesel

Won't start.

Bericht door jaffa »

Hello all,

I hope you don't mind me writing in English. My Lupo won't start. I've looked through the forum but can't find the exact problem so I hope someone can help.

Normally when you open the door you hear the pump/accumulator coming up to pressure. Key in the ignition ok, all lights including pump heaters. I turn the key but it doesn't turn over. Previously you could go through the gears and you could see on the dashboard how many gears you could go through before the pump can into action. Now there is no indication, the lights on the gearbox are flashing. It looks to me to be a sensor issue.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks chaps.
Nietsnut
Vriendelijke beheerder
Vriendelijke beheerder
Echte naam: Melvin
Productiedatum: 10 jul 1999
Kilometerstand: 339.863km
Transmissie: Automaat
Kleur: Moonsilver - LR7X

Re: Won't start.

Bericht door Nietsnut »

Hi,

English is no problem. First you need to retrieve the fault codes with VagCom from BOTH computers, so the engine ECU and the gearbox ECU. Then post the codes here and we can help. Please see the Wiki, there is an entry for VagCom.
Huidig per 21-02-2022: Peugeot e208 GT Vertigo Blauw
Huidig per 09-02-2019: Kia e-Niro BEV https://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4105
Ex: 2013 Passat 2.0 TDi DSG Variant http://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3644
Ex: 1999 Lupo 3L 98-LZS-3 http://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1014
Mijn YouTube kanaal.
jaffa
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend

Bericht door jaffa »

Evening all,

Time for an update. I visited David at EcoMotive, explained the problem plus one of it being very 'snatchy' in first gear and he said it was probably the gearbox which would then need replacing.

He took some readings and everything was around normal. Unfamiliar with this type of gearbox I said I didn't think it was a gearbox needing replacing but more like a sensor.

He looked future and came with the solution of replacing the 'Koppeling cilinder 6N0 142 063D' for 294 euros and he also gave the car a major service.

He'd mentioned the oil in the accumulator was wrong and filled it with the correct one.

It was ok for a week or two then the problems have came back. Today after a drive of 30mins then a stop for 30mins the car wouldn't start. The accumulator was not energising and I had again flashing lights on the gearbox lights. Stop was flashing then when you selected R, it started flashing. Then N, drive and plus & minus when you selected them also.

I quick look under the bonnet and even though I'd stopped for 30mins the accumulator was almost too hot to touch. The level looked ok but way too hot. I didn't know what else to do but try and start occasionally. After nearly 4 hrs the car started so I can only assume the oil had cooled down sufficiently.

What can cause it to heat up to such a degree? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Riggard
Allemans 3L vriend
Allemans 3L vriend
Echte naam: Richard

Bericht door Riggard »

I'm not familiar with this issue, but once read something about a guy that cleaned his hydraulic pump. It had become clogged due to the wire brushes waring over the years.

Seeing that your pump/accumulator is hot ánd it won't start, it may be something to look into.

(Again, not going from experience here, just a hypothesis of something that would be easy to check/fix)
jaffa
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend

Bericht door jaffa »

Thanks for the reply. I took it to a trusted local garage the other week and they said they wouldn't know where to start so they phoned the local VW garage and they didn't want to know. Not surprised really.

I do though have a hydraulics expert (I know via via) and I've asked him to look at it when he has the time. Wish me luck.
steevo
Handgeschakelde vriend
Handgeschakelde vriend
Echte naam: Stevie
Kilometerstand: 247.000
Transmissie: Handgeschakeld

Bericht door steevo »

Oh, a accumulator thats so hot u cant touch it is new for me. Never heard that before. Only heatsource is pressurizing. So i would indeed start looking at the pump.
Sete
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend
Echte naam: Luis
Productiedatum: 09 mar 2001
Kilometerstand: 240.000km
Brandstof: Premium diesel

Bericht door Sete »

Hello friends

First of all, I apologize for my English. Contact from Spain

Congratulations on the contributions to the forum. They are very interesting and help a lot.

For weeks I have had the same problem as Jaffa, it starts cold but when you drive and turn off the engine it cannot start again (the accumulator is hot). You must wait for it to cool (note: if I connect VagCom and perform basic adjustment I can start the engine, although it runs somewhat rough).

I have replaced the accumulator with a new one but I suspect the clutch (I am very lost).

You have been able to solve this mystery.

Thank you very much for your help
Nietsnut
Vriendelijke beheerder
Vriendelijke beheerder
Echte naam: Melvin
Productiedatum: 10 jul 1999
Kilometerstand: 339.863km

Bericht door Nietsnut »

Hi Luis,

welcome to our forum, you mention that you have VagCom, have you done a scan of the systems to extract the fault codes? You might want to do that and save the file with a date stamp, then delete ALL faults and after youve been driving it after you did a cold start try another scan and see which fault codes are in the ECU at that time. Please post the codes here and also please let us know about the mechanical state of the car and what you've done yourself to identify and fix the problem.
Huidig per 21-02-2022: Peugeot e208 GT Vertigo Blauw
Huidig per 09-02-2019: Kia e-Niro BEV https://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4105
Ex: 2013 Passat 2.0 TDi DSG Variant http://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3644
Ex: 1999 Lupo 3L 98-LZS-3 http://3lvrienden.nl/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1014
Mijn YouTube kanaal.
pinkpanter
Trouwe 3L vriend
Trouwe 3L vriend
Echte naam: mario
Kilometerstand: 270.000km

Bericht door pinkpanter »

First you need to retrieve the fault codes with VagCom from BOTH computers, so the engine ECU and the gearbox ECU. Then post the codes here and we can help
Wat niet kapot is moet je niet repareren :doh:
Sete
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend

Bericht door Sete »

Good Morning

I tell you news

Yesterday afternoon, after driving more than 100 km on the highway, I stopped the car, turned it off and turned it on correctly several times.

When driving through the city, I have been able to verify that the accumulator and the pump are getting very hot because of the changes. Because of this, the car cannot be started until it cools down.

I have connected the computer to the ECU (I have RossTech Vag 12.12) and no errors appear.

I have checked the hydraulic fluid and it has a very dark color.
In the afternoon I will change it and check the operation of the pump.

I will keep you posted, regards.
pinkpanter
Trouwe 3L vriend
Trouwe 3L vriend
Echte naam: mario
Kilometerstand: 270.000km

Bericht door pinkpanter »

It"s not normal that the pump get's verry hot .

I think that the hydrolic pump motor is the fault .'

take the motor apart and you will see the moror is clogged up with oil residue

Clean the rotor and the Brushes
Wat niet kapot is moet je niet repareren :doh:
Sete
Nieuwe vriend
Nieuwe vriend

Bericht door Sete »

Hello friends

After a busy time with work I have managed to have some free time to change the hydraulic fluid. I had to change a wheel hub and bearings and the part took several days.

I did not disassemble the pump motor to see the motor is clogged because I don't know how to do it.

With new liquid, the accumulator and the pump do not heat up, but when switched off it does not switch on again.

After some tests, if I disconnect the battery and reconnect I get it to start.

I will try this week to find out the bugs with the VagCom 12.12 and I will tell you the news.

a greeting
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Nieuwe problemen”